I know I know they are so annoying. They hurt every step but not bad enough to quit practicing because then you look like a chump, I get. Here is the key though; you have to keep them under control. You can’t do nothing and just hope that they go away, because they won’t.
How to Keep Them Contained.
- No surprise here
- After practice put ice on them if there is any pain
- Stop being lazy and go get some baby oil and do some work
- Do this before bed
- They can be very painful so when you do it yourself you can manage the pain
- As soon as you feel them coming start massaging them
- All the painful places need to be worked out
- After your nice massage give your calves a solid stretch
- A lot of shin splints come from the muscles being super tight
I see way to many people do nothing about their shin problems. You have to stay on it because it might be an everyday battle but you will eventually win the war if you do. My shin splints never last and I do this simple routine to keep it that way. I hope this helps some people out.